About the Vascular Imaging Lab
According to the National Center for Health Statistics, cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in the United States. Over 70% of these deaths are related to atherosclerosis.
The Vascular Imaging Laboratory has been at the forefront of the development of new imaging techniques that benefit the patients of cardiovascular disease, and is recognized as a leading center for atherosclerosis research.
1. Vulnerable plaque detection
- Identify the biologic and imaging characteristics of the high-risk, vulnerable plaque
- Identify individuals at increased risk for the development of high risk plaques who may benefit from early and more aggressive prevention and treatment
2. Pathophysiology of atherosclerosis progression and regression
- Understand the natural history of lesion progression and regression
- Assess the impact of pharmacological treatment
- Correlate biomarkers to the atherosclerotic process by providing state-of-the-art images and technology
3. Translational Research
- Bridging clinical and scientific areas of research to produce new imaging technology, such as multi-center clinical trial administration software.