- UNDERGRADUATE EDUCATION Union College, Schenectady, NY, 1996-2000 Bachelor of Arts Degree, Economics / Biology Interdepartmental Major, 2000
- GRADUATE EDUCATION Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, 2000-2004 Doctor of Medicine Degree, 2004
- POST GRADUATE EDUCATION Scripps Mercy Hospital, San Diego, CA, 2004-2005 Transitional Year Intern
- University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2005-2009 Resident, Department of Radiology
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, 2009-2010 Fellow in Cardiopulmonary Imaging, Department of Radiology
Jonathan H. Chung received his interdepartmental Bachelor of Science degree in Economics and Biology from Union College and graduated as class valedictorian. He subsequently graduated AOA from Washington University School of Medicine. After completing a transitional year at Scripps Mercy Hospital in San Diego, CA, Dr. Chung completed a residency in Diagnostic Radiology at the University of Washington in Seattle, WA, where he received the Roentgen Resident/Fellow Research Award from the Radiological Society of North America. He completed his cardiopulmonary imaging training at the Massachusetts General Hospital.
Dr. Chung won the American Roentgen Ray Society 2010 Gold Award for Best Educational Exhibit at the Annual ARRS Meeting, the Association of University Radiologists 2010 Herbert M. Stauffer Award for Best Education Paper published in Academic Radiology, and was a finalist for the 2008 Siemens Outstanding Academic Research (SOAR) Award, at the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography.
Dr. Chung is the author of over 40 peer-reviewed publications, has presented over 20 papers and posters at national meetings, co-authored 4 book chapters, is a co-author of Amirsys Expert Differential Diagnosis Chest as well as Amirsys Diagnostic Imaging: Chest, 2nd ed, and is a co-author for the Cardiac section of Radprimer (an online learning portal for radiology residents). He is a reviewer for Radiology, European Radiology, the Journal of Thoracic Imaging, Emergency Radiology, Journal of Cardiovascular CT, Radiology Case Reports, Chest, and Clinical Rheumatology. He is also the section editor of a new series in the Journal of Thoracic Imaging, Signs in Cardiopulmonary Imaging, which is part of the online Residents and Fellows Corner. He also contributes to the Residents and Fellows Corner with a monthly online blog, Tips for Trainees (T4T). Dr. Chung serves on the American College of Radiology (ACR) Appropriateness Criteria® Panel (Thoracic), the Alliance of Clinician-Educators in Radiology (ACER) Electronic Communications Committee, and the Society of Thoracic Radiology (STR) Publications Committee.