- University of Michigan '88 BSE in Aerospace Engineering
- University of Michigan '07 PhD in Neuroscience
My research has focused on using MR imaging and tracer kinetic analysis of transported contrast agent to measure cortical axonal transport in vivo in aging and in brain transgenic for Alzheimer's disease pathology. Other areas of interest include using MRI and PET combined with statistical brain mapping to investigate neurodegenerative diseases as well as the investigation of olfactory dysfunction with disease and injury.
1. Cross DJ, Minoshima S, Nishimura S, Noda A, Tsukada H, Kuhl DE. Three-dimensional Stereotactic Surface Projections (3D-SSP) Analysis of Macaque Brain PET: Development and Initial Application. J Nucl Med 2000 Nov;41(11):1879-87
2. Ladabaum U, Minoshima S, Hasler WL, Cross D, Chey WD, Owyang C. Gastric Distension Correlates With Multiple Cortical and Subcortical Regions. Gastroenterology 2001Feb 7;120(2):369-376
3. Domino EF, Zubieta JK, Guthrie S, Ohl L, Ni L, Koeppe R, Cross D, Minoshima S. Nicotine Effects on Regional Cerebral Metabolic Rate of Glucose in Tobacco Smokers. Neuroscience. 2000 Nov 7;101(2):277-282.
4. Ishii K, Willoch F, Ficaro EP, Kuhl DE, Cross DJ, Drzezga A, Schwaiger M, Minoshima S. Statistical Brain Mapping of FDG PET in Alzheimer’s Disease: Validation of Anatomic Standardization for Atrophied Brains. J Nucl Med. 2001 Apr;42(4):548-57
5. Lorenz J, Cross DJ, Minoshima S, Morrow TJ, Paulson PE, Casey KL. A Unique Representation of Heat Allodynia in the Human Brain. Neuron. 2002 Jul 18;35(2):383
6. Albin, RL, Cross D, Cornblath, WT, Wald, JA, Wernette, K, Frey, KA, Minoshima S. Diminished striatal [123I]iodobenzovesamicol binding in idiopathic cervical dystonia. Ann Neurol 2003 53(4): 528-32
7. Cross DJ, Minoshima S, Anzai Y, Flexman JA, Keogh BP, Kim Y, Maravilla KR. Statistical mapping of functional olfactory connections of the rat brain in vivo. Neuroimage 2004 23(4): 1326-1335
8. Miyoshi S, Flexman JA, Cross DJ, Maravilla KR, Kim Y, Anzai Y, Oshima J, Minoshima S. Transfection of Neuroprogenitor Cells with Iron Nanoparticles for MRI Tracking: Cell Viability, Differentiation and Intracellular Localization. Molecular Imaging and Biology, 2005 Jul-Aug; 7(4):286-95.
9. Cross DJ, Anzai Y, Maravilla KR, Morrow TJ, Flexman JA, Minoshima S. In Vivo Imaging of Functional Disruption, Recovery and Alteration in Rat Olfactory Circuitry After Lesion. Neuroimage, 2006 Sep;32(3): 1265-72
10. Flexman JA, Minoshima S, Kim Y, Miyoshi S, Lewellen BL, Cross DJ. A Viral Envelope as a Vehicle for Tracer, Drug, and Gene Delivery. IEEE Eng Med Biol Mag. 2006 Jul-Aug;25(4):70 -5
11. Cross DJ, Flexman JA, Anzai Y, Sasaki T, Treuting PM, Maravilla KR, Minoshima S. In Vivo Mn-MR Imaging of Calcium Influx in Spontaneous Rat Pituitary Adenoma. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol, 2007. 28(10): p. 1865-71
12. Flexman JA, Cross DJ, Lewellen BL, Miyoshi S, Kim Y, Minoshima S. A PET Investigation of the Initial Biodistribution of Magnetically Targeted Viral Envelopes. (in press to Eur J Nucl Medicine Mol Imaging)
13. Cross DJ, Flexman JA, Anzai Y, Maravilla KR, Minoshima S. Age-related decrease in axonal transport measured by MR imaging in vivo. Neuroimage, 2008. 39(3): p. 915-26.
14. Minoshima S, and Cross DJ, In vivo imaging of axonal transport using MRI: aging and Alzheimer's disease. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging, 2008. epub