- Due to departmental budget shortfalls, the Web Services team has lost the servicea of Mary Giles, our primary technical support contact. Because of this, we will be increasingly hard-pressed to serve department needs. Please make an effort to be patient as we attempt to balance the competing interests of customer service, site maintenance and improvement, server administration, departmental outreach and everything else we do.
The Radiology Web Services team aims to provide transparency in its operations. You can check in at any time to see what we are currently up to, what we have recently completed, and what is on the horizon. This page is updated weekly, so the information in it is current and topical.
If you have any questions for us about these activities, or about our priorities and plans, please contact us.
- Complete compatibility testing and package release of improved 'Global Navigation' (renamed to 'Quick Links')
- Evaluate ongoing work on latest release of CMFBibliographyAT (for bibliography support in the site). Contribute bug fixes for few remaining bugs in parser code.
- Continue testing and implementation of website speed optimization suggestions
- Begin early work on the next generation of the Radiology Website theme product.
- Work on outreach program to improve uptake of the website project within the department.
- Establish canonical list of website section owners and authors.
- Respond to department support queries
- Create and implement a replacement program for aging web server hardware
- Prune global navigation menu system for usability
- Improving cache-ability of Radiology Website home page
- Updated backup pruning software to keep one backup per week of middle age backup files
- Wrote MOPs (Method of Operation documents) for upcoming software releases
- Add improved search functionality for Radiology Personnel Directory
- Implement 'Buildbot' solution for automated nightly tests of the complete website software environment to protect against un-noticed regression errors
- Intra-Departmental Contact Sheets
- 'My Folder' will provide new contact information slots visible only to members of the department.
- Use it to provide information like pager numbers, direct cell and office phone numbers and email addresses that you don't want to be publicly available
- Section and Department Contact Sheet Downloads
- Views of personnel listings for sections, groups, centers, clinics will now provide a 'download contact sheet' button
- Pressing the button will download a group contact sheet which will use information stored in the private contact sheets of each of its members as a CSV file, suitable for import to excel
- Upgrades to website workflow
- Add the 'owner' role to the sharing tab, allowing content owners to both view who currently has the role and assign it to others.
- Change the protected state for content to use the more appropriate 'reader' role for view-only access.
- existing content will be migrated so that current permission levels are preserved across this change
- Upgrade to Faculty/Staff Directory 2.1.3
- Primarily a bug fix release, you can read about improvements made in this version here.
- The best improvement: You can once again search for individual users by name and not get all users.
- New 'Administration' node in the global navigation system to support direct access to important administrative web pages.
- The Fiscal Accounting System ('My Folder' based reports on FEA/REA/PEA/DEA account status)
- ePAR Lite, version 1.0
- Theme fixes
- repairs for various IE 8 rendering bugs
- make the live search results show on top of all rendered elements in the page
- simplify page navigation elements
- rename top-level breadcrumb to 'Home'
- remove 'UW Radiology' and 'Site Home' navigation tabs
- simplify image map on radiology logo to meet reasonable expectations
- Plone system upgrade v. 3.1.7 -> 3.2.3
- New and Improved Global Navigation system
- Improved User Interface, all menus now appear as menus, rather than as page elements
- Wrap top-level categories in a 'Quick Links' portlet to help clarify the purpose of the portlet
- Change 'Global Navigation' tab to 'Manage Quick Links' to help make semantic connection to Quick Links portlet
- Improve performance of menu building code (saving ~1 sec per page load)
- Remove kludgy KSS actions and replace with JQuery, eliminating persistent IE6 functionality problems
- Guarantee stable and reliable performance in IE6, IE7, IE8, Chrome, Safari, FireFox and Opera (tested on Windows, OS X and Ubuntu Linux)
- Accounting system bugfix for a misplaced balance display in the administrative view in IE versions 6 and 7
On The Horizon:
- ePAR Lite v. 2
- Eclipse IDE for improved code development
- Plone system upgrade v. 3.2.3 -> 3.3.2