Permanent, annual or term faculty appointments to the University of Washington are made when the Department Chair or Administrator approve offer letters to prospective candidates and the offers are accepted by these candidates.
Once an offer is made and accepted, the Faculty Appointments Coordinator will contact the appointee and request, via e-mail, a number of documents. (In some cases, redundant documents may be required, since multiple departments may require original signed documents).
Typical Document Requests :
- New appointment forms (these will be e-mailed to the appointee for completion)
- Curriculum Vitae in UW Format (instructions will be e-mailed)
- The names and e-mail addresses of colleagues whom we can contact for letters of support
- Credential-related documents, when required (see Credentials)
- Visa-related documents, when required (see Visas)
Please respond to all document requests as soon as possible. Late documents or responses may delay the start work date for the new appointment.