UW MSK Fellowship Information
As of mid-September 2013, we have filled all fellowship positions for the 2015-2016 academic year. If any unexpected opportunities become available for 2014-2015 or 2015-2016, we will list them here.
We will accept fellowship applications for the 2016-2017 academic year beginning April 1, 2014. Fellowship applicants will need to be (1) either certified in diagnostic radiology by the American Board of Radiology or in the certification process, and (2) able to obtain an unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Washington by July 1, 2016. Applicants should follow the application process below.
Duration: 12 months
ACGME Accreditation: No
Musculoskeletal Teaching Faculty
- Felix S. Chew, M.D., Professor & Section Chief
- Michael L. Richardson, M.D., Professor
- Hyo-Jeong Mulcahy, M.D., Assistant Professor
- Alice S. Ha, M.D., Assistant Professor
- Jack Porrino, M.D., Assistant Professor
- Seema Mukerjee, M.D.
- Kurt Scherer, M.D.
Clinical Training Offered
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Imaging-Guided Biopsy
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Outstanding Orthopedic and Rheumatology faculty with strong ties to Radiology
- Good mix and volume of Sports Medicine, Spine and Tumor MR cases
- Exceptional orthopedic trauma experience at Harborview Medical Center
- Active MSK ultrasound service
Your application packet must include:
3. Personal statement.
4. Recent signed & dated photograph.
5. Official Medical School Transcript (no copies please). This may be sent separately by your institution.
The first 5 items may be mailed to Savannah Goodwin at the address on the application. Letters should be mailed by their authors.
6. One letter from your residency Program Director, or current director.
7. Two additional letters of recommendation.
Reminder: All requested letters should be addressed & mailed to Dr. Felix Chew directly, by their authors.
Minimum Requirements for 2016-2017:
1. Certification in diagnostic radiology by the American Board of Radiology, or in the certification process, by July 1, 2016.
2. Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Washington by July 1, 2016.
Felix S. Chew, MD
UW Medical Center - Roosevelt
4245 Roosevelt Way NE Box 354755
Seattle, WA 98105
Telephone: (206) 598-6868
FAX: (206) 598-2847
fchew (at) uw (dot) edu