UW MSK Fellowship Information
We will accept fellowship applications for the 2017-2018 academic year beginning April 1, 2015. Fellowship applicants should have taken and passed the Core Exam in Diagnostic Radiology and be in the American Board of Radiology certification process (Board eligible) by the time they begin our fellowship program, and (2) able to obtain an unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Washington by July 1, 2017. Applicants should follow the application process below. Download the application from this page or email savg(at)uw.edu for an application, or with questions. (More information below). No voicemails, please.
Duration: 12 months
ACGME Accreditation: No
Musculoskeletal Teaching Faculty
- Felix S. Chew, M.D., Professor & Section Chief
- Michael L. Richardson, M.D., Professor
- Hyo-Jeong Mulcahy, M.D., Assistant Professor
- Alice S. Ha, M.D., Assistant Professor
- Jack Porrino, M.D., Assistant Professor
- Eira Roth, M.D.
- Samir Shah, M.D.
Clinical Training Offered
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Imaging-Guided Biopsy
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Outstanding Orthopedic and Rheumatology faculty with strong ties to Radiology
- Good mix and volume of Sports Medicine, Spine and Tumor MR cases
- Exceptional orthopedic trauma experience at Harborview Medical Center
- Active MSK ultrasound service
Your application packet must include:
1. UW Application (linked from this page in early Spring).
2. A hard copy of your CV (please also email your CV to Savannah Goodwin at savg (at) uw (dot) edu as well).
3. Personal statement.
4. Official Medical School Transcript (no copies please). This may be mailed separately by your institution.
The first 4 items may be mailed to Savannah Goodwin at the address on the application. Letters should be mailed by their authors.
5. One letter from your residency Program Director, or current director.
6. Two additional letters of recommendation.
Reminder: All requested letters should be addressed & mailed to Dr. Felix Chew directly, by their authors.
Minimum Requirements for 2017-2018:
1. Candidates must have taken & passed the Core Exam in Diagnostic Radiology and be in the American Board of Radiology certification process (Board eligible) by July 1, 2017.
2. Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Washington by July 1, 2017.
Felix S. Chew, MD
UW Medical Center - Roosevelt
4245 Roosevelt Way NE Box 354755
Seattle, WA 98105
Telephone: (206) 598-6868
FAX: (206) 598-2847
fchew (at) uw (dot) edu