UW MSK Fellowship Information
As of June 5, 2014, we have filled all fellowship positions for the 2016-2017 academic year. However, we have had an unexpected fellowship opportunity open for 2015-2016. Email savg(at)uw.edu for an application, or with questions. (More information below). No voicemails, please.
We will accept fellowship applications for the 2017-2018 academic year beginning April 1, 2015. Fellowship applicants will need to be (1) either certified in diagnostic radiology by the American Board of Radiology or in the certification process, and (2) able to obtain an unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Washington by July 1, 2017. Applicants should follow the application process below.
Duration: 12 months
ACGME Accreditation: No
Musculoskeletal Teaching Faculty
- Felix S. Chew, M.D., Professor & Section Chief
- Michael L. Richardson, M.D., Professor
- Hyo-Jeong Mulcahy, M.D., Assistant Professor
- Alice S. Ha, M.D., Assistant Professor
- Jack Porrino, M.D., Assistant Professor
- Eira Roth, M.D.
- Samir Shah, M.D.
Clinical Training Offered
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Imaging-Guided Biopsy
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Outstanding Orthopedic and Rheumatology faculty with strong ties to Radiology
- Good mix and volume of Sports Medicine, Spine and Tumor MR cases
- Exceptional orthopedic trauma experience at Harborview Medical Center
- Active MSK ultrasound service
Your application packet must include:
1. UW Application (linked from this page in early Spring).
2. A hard copy of your CV (please email in attachment form to Savannah Goodwin at savg (at) uw (dot) edu as well).
3. Personal statement.
4. Official Medical School Transcript (no copies please). This may be mailed separately by your institution.
The first 4 items may be mailed to Savannah Goodwin at the address on the application. Letters should be mailed by their authors.
5. One letter from your residency Program Director, or current director.
6. Two additional letters of recommendation.
Reminder: All requested letters should be addressed & mailed to Dr. Felix Chew directly, by their authors.
Minimum Requirements for 2017-2018:
1. Certification in diagnostic radiology by the American Board of Radiology, or in the certification process, by July 1, 2017.
2. Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Washington by July 1, 2017.
Felix S. Chew, MD
UW Medical Center - Roosevelt
4245 Roosevelt Way NE Box 354755
Seattle, WA 98105
Telephone: (206) 598-6868
FAX: (206) 598-2847
fchew (at) uw (dot) edu