Case 16 continued
This focal asymmetry was noticed on the screening mammogram, and subsequent spot compression magnification views are shown below.
What is your assessment?
- BI-RADS 1 - Normal - The focal asymmetry does not persist on diagnostic views
- BI-RADS 2 - Benign - Asymmetric glandular tissue is seen, with some benign-appearing microcalcifications
- BI-RADS 3 - Probably Benign - Asymmetric glandular tissue is seen, with some probably benign-appearing microcalcifications
- BI-RADS 4 - Suspicious - The focal asymmetry is associated with heterogeneous calcifications
- BI-RADS 5 - Highly Suggestive of Malignancy - The focal asymmetry is associated with classic pleomorphic classifications consistent with DCIS