Case 13 Answer
The finding is a developing density (actually 2 foci at 12 and 3 o'cloock in the right breast). There is the suggestion of associated architectural distortion. Both of these answers are correct. The area is becoming denser and more distorted, so that the other answers-- asymmetric breast tissue and focal asymmetric density-- are too benign for this case.
Spot compression magnification views of these 2 foci:
What is your assessment?
- BI-RADS 1 - Normal - normal interval follow-up in 12 months
- BI-RADS 2 - Benign - normal interval follow-up in 12 months
- BI-RADS 3 - Probably Benign - 6 month follow-up
- BI-RADS 4 - Suspicious - recommend image-guided needle biopsy
- BI-RADS 5 - Highly suggestive of malignancy - recommend image-guided needle biopsy